When it comes to roofing choices, the options are more than many. However, zinc is a clear favorite for both commercial and residential needs. It is used worldwide and is known to have a lifespan of around 100 years or even more. In this post, we will talk about the pros and advantages of zinc roofing, especially for commercial requirements.
- This is a green choice. Zinc has been used for the longest time in Europe, and it is one of the better choices for the planet. Yes, mining of zinc is one of the concerns and may cost the environment considerably, but it is still known for its smaller carbon footprint, as compared to some of the other known metals. Also, it is recyclable, so you it can be used again as required. No matter whether you need zinc panels for cladding or roofing, it’s surely a better choice for the environment.
- A cleaner alternative. Zinc is one of the few metals that can prevent the growth of moss and fungus on the roof. As such, this is one of the cleaner roofing alternatives, and the water that drops from your zinc roof is clean. You can reuse the water for watering the plants.
- Zinc lasts a lifetime. As mentioned earlier in the post, zinc is an extremely long lasting choice for roofing. Just select the right supplier and your panels can last for 80 years or even more without any additional costs of maintenance and repairs. For commercial buildings and spaces, zinc is ideally the better choice and should be a good alternative to the expensive options.
- Zinc is for every space. If you have a building that boasts of great architectural design but complex roofing needs, zinc will still suit your needs. It can cover some of the most confusing design requirements and can work perfectly for any geometrical shape. This is easily one of the most malleable choices.
- Zinc doesn’t age with time. For commercial buildings, zinc emerges as one of the best choices because the look only gets better with time. Also, you can rain-screen cladding, which will only add to the aesthetics. Zinc roofing also prevents heat from entering the loft, so it is also energy efficient, more in comparison with other roofing options.
Check for suppliers online and talk about your requirements, so as to get a custom quote for your commercial project.